Easy Entertaining with Hass Avocados
Simple Ideas You Can Do in Minutes
When unexpected guests drop by or just because you're in the mood for fun, you'll be ready with these tips for spontaneous dinner party ideas and recipes you can make in minutes with Hass Avocados and on-hand pantry items.
Simple Party Ideas
4 Impromptu Party Ideas:
- Guests coming over in 30 minutes? Create a taco and fajita bar. You can purchase many of the ingredients at your local grocery store or use ingredients you have on hand. Just put out premade taco shells, warm tortillas, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, ground meat or steak, chicken, diced tomatoes, fresh Hass Avocado slices and Molcajete Guacamole. Let your guests build their own entrée or for vegetarian guests provide the ingredients for Easy Hass Avocado and Bean Tacos. Use a brightly colored tablecloth and make a centerpiece of whatever you have available - flowers, fresh herbs from the garden, fresh fruit including whole avocados, and your guests will think you had this planned the whole time.
- Bring back game night! Break out an old board game or even a deck of cards. Games bring family and friends together and put a lot of fun into your gathering, especially if you serve some tasty guacamole or avocado dip on the side. Another surefire hit: nachos with fresh sliced avocados on top.
- Looking for an easy get together for a lazy afternoon?
Call some friends over for an impromptu happy hour. Set out lawn chairs and finger foods like our Avocado and Turkey Crostini. Invite the neighborhood or just some close friends. Ask your friends to bring a favorite beverage to share (for teens, it could be a fresh fruit juice) and have a tasting.
- Favorite film night. This can be an on-going event. Designate one night a month and let different guests or family members bring the video. Make it even more interesting with a theme such as a film from the year the person was born, graduated or got married (even better, make it food based!). Serve simple snacks like Grilled Chicken Avo-Wheelies, chips and salsa or popcorn. A good food movie recommendation: Big Night.
4 Super Simple Hass Avocado Recipe Ideas:
- Host a pizza party for a fun way to spend a Saturday night with family and friends. You supply the ready-made pizza crusts, bottled tomato sauce or alfredo sauce, shredded cheeses, Hass Avocados, toppings such as mushrooms, artichoke hearts, olives, roasted peppers, and more. Let the guests do the assembly or try creating the Pizza, California Confetti in our recipe database. Print out the recipe and place it next to the assembly station.
- Sandwiches are delicious for afternoon and dinner meals so why not try
finger sandwiches? Smoked salmon, canned crab or tuna, sliced bread, sliced Hass Avocados and a few other basic pantry items magically become marvelous munchies you can prepare in a snap; it's all in the presentation.
- Soup makes a quick supper for unexpected guests, especially when you need to prepare food for a large number of people. Adding Hass Avocados makes every soup more special. Try Avocado Tortilla Soup and Cream of Avocado Soup; both are ready in minutes using a few simple ingredients.
- Unanticipated guests for dinner - why not surprise them and try breakfast for dinner? Use what you have in the refrigerator or pantry - eggs, muffin or pancake mix, fruit, sausage, etc. Whip a few eggs into party-worthy omelets with diced Hass Avocados, create breakfast burritos, or try our Bacon, Blue and Avocado Quesadilla.
Easy Hass Avocado and Bean Tacos Recipe
Grilled Chicken Avo-Wheelies Recipe
Classic Guacamole Recipe
California Avocado Tortilla Soup Recipe