Host your own Hass Hour
Anytime Happy Hours with Hass Avocados
Who says Happy Hour only happens in the evening? Host your own informal gathering Happy Hour-style whenever and for any occasion. Shake things up with Hass Avocado recipes and tips We've got all the finger foods you need without the bar tab.
Happy Hour parties have evolved over time, whether it's a gathering around discounted food or beverage at the local pub to an informal celebratory gathering of friends with drinks and appetizers. Make the most of the opportunity by having plenty of always in season ripe Hass Avocados on hand.
Happy Hour Tips:
- Happy Hour parties are highly social occasions involving lots of conversation. So be sure to plan your menu to allow for mingling, whether you have tapas-style appetizers that encourage your guests to share and converse or easy pick-up finger foods. Make sure your party treats are somewhat bite-size and portable so guests can move seamlessly through conversations and that you have plenty of napkins on hand. Check out our avocado appetizer recipes for menu ideas including delicious Hass Avocados. For a zesty finger food, try Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Guacamole Rolls.
- Incorporate the reason to meet for Happy Hour into your theme, from a new job opportunity to the announcement of an engagement. It's fun to find ways to personalize the event without a lot of hassle or cost. Glasses and cups are often misplaced at bustling parties; prevent that from happening by creating printed name tags for each guest to place on their glass or cup.
- Happy Hour on a budget? Turn your Happy Hour into a potluck by asking guests to bring their favorite appetizer or beverage to share. Encourage them to keep it simple with delicious easy-to-prepare avocado dips or guacamole recipes made with Hass Avocados.
- You can throw a Happy Hour party for any occasion - so don't limit yourself in location. Get the neighborhood together with a lawn-style Happy Hour or invite friends over to celebrate a big win. You can whip up some savory Antipasti Kabobs or with a little more time share delicious Pizza, California Confetti.
Happy Hour Recipe Ideas:
- Expand your idea of "handy" foods and show your culinary skill by taking a tip from professional caterers. There are a variety of foods that can be made into portable appetizers by changing their container. Serving soups such as Avocado Gazpacho with Peppadew and Coriander Croutons or Chilled Hass Avocado Soup recipes in small plastic shot glasses removes the mess of a bowl and the need for a table and chair. Sandwiches become finger food when served as a wrap like the Avocado Wrap with Turkey and Cranberry Mustard or slice Avocado Turkey and Brie Panini small enough to become easy to pick-up finger size sandwiches. For an added moveable crowd-pleaser, serve our portable Double Cheese, Avocado and Bacon Sliders.
- Looking to add panache to your beverages? Include some avocado pearls in your tasty beverages for a touch of color and flavor flair. As in our appealing Avo-tini martini recipe - use a small melon scooper to ball bits of avocado and incorporate into your drinks. Dropped in or sliced and skewered on a toothpick they go great with adult cocktails as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
Happy Hour Recipes:
Fresh Hass Avocado and Crab Dip Recipe
Passion Fruit Sangria with Avocado Recipe
Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Spicy Hass Avocado Puree Recipe