New Year's Recipes & Entertaining
Celebrate the New Year in Style with Hass Avocados
New Year's Recipes & Entertaining Tips
New Year's Party Tips:
- Be creative. The focus of any New Year's Eve celebration is the countdown; be sure to synchronize the clocks around your party area to the most accurate time. For a fun decorative focus for your party make â€œtimeâ€ your theme. Find old style wind up alarm, pocket or table clocks, whatever you have available, and add them to your centerpiece.
- Short on budget? Silver, white, gold, or black are the customary colors for New Year's Eve so you can reuse any holiday accents you have available.
- Make a resolution â€“ as one year ends another begins so why not start the year off with a new resolve. Cut strips of white paper ahead of time and let your guests write down their resolution when they enter. Their resolutions can be a part of your party decoration, added to a tree, a chandelier, a banister or even a bar counter as a fun commitment statement.
- New Year's Drinks - Champagne is customary for New Year's toasts but be sure to have plenty of other beverages â€“ alcoholic and non-alcoholic on hand. You can try our Avo-tini or just keep balled avocado pearls on hand for your martinis. To keep avocado pearls from browning, cover with lemon-flavored vodka until ready serve. Champagne lose its fizz? Drop a raisin into the bottle to see it fizz up again before pouring. Just be sure to have plenty of beverages ready to toast with well before the clock tolls midnight.
- New Year's Food - Cocktail food and appetizers are often a large focus of New Year's celebrations, look for easy finger foods and dips like our New Year's Guacamole or those mentioned below. Looking for a more formal sit down celebration? Try our Crispy Leg of Lamb and Ginger Avocado Mustard.
New Year's Recipes:
Try some of our delicious New Year's recipes featuring Hass Avocados.
Avocado Pear-Honey Pastry Rounds Recipe
California Avocado Paté Recipe
Shrimp Ceviche with an Avocado Twist Recipe
Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado and Mango with Mint Recipe