Avocado Lime Pancakes Recipe
This simple pancake recipe is a light twist on traditional oatmeal pancake recipes. Avocado is used to help substitute for some of the saturated fat and unique ingredients like oatmeal and lime complement this sweet and easy pancake recipe.
Recipe provided by the Julie Tuizer, MS – Instructor Kendall College
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling of less than 12 servings.
View the Hass Avocado Foodservice Culinary Lesson Plan
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal flour (recipe follows)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄8 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, pureed
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest, chopped
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 whole egg
Oatmeal Flour - Yield: 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- In a medium bowl mix together oatmeal flour, oatmeal, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together pureed avocado, nonfat milk, lime zest, lime juice and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Let batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a nonstick griddle and coat with a nonstick spray.
- Use a rounded 1/8 cup of batter for each 3-inch pancake. Cook for 3 minutes total on low heat.
- Put oatmeal in food processor and blend until it is a powder.
For a savory application top with a thin slice of fresh avocado, smoked salmon, a small dollop of sour cream and shaved red onion.
For a sweet application top with a thin slice of fresh avocado, sliced fresh berry, a small dollop of sour cream or whipped cream and lime zest.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on