Avocado Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Cold cocktail shrimp paired with a spicy salsa-like sauce of tomato and avocado make this shrimp cocktail recipe great for lazy hot summer days or sophisticated dinner parties.
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling of less than 12 servings.
- Avocado Shrimp Cocktail (recipe follows)
- 24 each fresh cilantro sprigs
- 12 each lime wedges
- 36 each crispy fried tortilla strips
- 12 each (16-20 count) cooked chilled tail on cocktail shrimp
Avocado Shrimp Cocktail - Yield: 13 cups, 12 servings
- 4 cups canned tomato juice, chilled
- 1 each plus 1 tsp. Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 14 oz. canned, diced in juice tomatoes
- 4 oz. green bell pepper, ¼-inch dice
- 4 oz. white onion, ¼-inch dice
- 6 oz. hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded, ¼-inch dice
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic, dry, granulated
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 5 each ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and large dice *
- 2 lbs. high quality bay shrimp, very well drained
- Ladle 1 heaping cup of Avocado Shrimp Cocktail into a large martini glass. Garnish with 1 cooked chilled cocktail shrimp and lime wedge on the rim.
- Add the cilantro sprigs and fried tortilla strips as garnish.
Avocado Shrimp Cocktail Preparation
- In a food processer whirl together the tomato juice and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to puree.
- Add in the canned diced tomatoes in juice and coarsely chop. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, cucumber, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, olive oil and Tabasco. Refrigerate.
- Close to time of service add the Fresh Hass Avocado and shrimp.
1 serving = 1 Avocado Shrimp Cocktail
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 270; Total Fat 16 g (Sat 2.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 160 mg; Sodium 740 mg; Potassium 830 mg; Total Carbohydrates 15 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 5 g; Protein 20 g; Vitamin A 1729 IU; Vitamin C 38 mg; Calcium 66 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 92 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.4 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||16 g|
|Saturated Fat:||2.5 g|
|Total Sugars:||5 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on