Avocado and Pulled Pork Carnitas Recipe
Seasoned and shredded tender pork drizzled with avocado cream sauce makes a delightful appetizer or entrée for your next meal or gathering. Using pre-cooked pork, this Avocado and Pulled Pork Carnitas recipe could be put together for a tasty week-night dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Chiquita Brands
- 1 lb. pork shoulder
- 2 Tbsp. adobo all-purpose seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coleslaw mix
- 6 (6-inch) soft taco shells or corn tortilla shells
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Rub pork with seasoning. Place in small pan with vinegar and apple juice. Cover with foil and bake in 300 degrees F oven for 2 hours.
- Seed and peel avocado then place in blender with sour cream blending for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Cover tightly and place in refrigerator.
- Once pork is fork tender remove from oven and pull apart with two forks.
- Arrange shells on platter then place pork on each shell gradually sprinkling the remaining ingredients on top.
- Place avocado cream in squeeze bottle and create thin zig zag lines on top before serving.
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on