Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Poppers Recipe
2011 Kick Off with Hass Avocados Recipe Contest – Finalist
Recipe Courtesy of Jen S. from Pennsylvania, who says "A twist on the traditional jalapeño popper wrapped in bacon and stuffed with creamy guacamole."
This recipe was submitted by a Hass Avocado fan and has not been tested by the Hass Avocado Board.
- 10 large jalapeño peppers
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 10 slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the jalapeño peppers but cutting off the stems and slicing them in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds.
- To prepare the filling, mash together the cream cheese, avocado, lime juice, cumin, and salt until well combined (but leaving the avocado a bit chunky). Spoon the filling into the prepared jalapeño halves.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half and tightly wrap one half-slice of bacon around each of the stuffed jalapeño halves. Arrange the bacon wrapped jalapeños on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and crisp and the filling is bubbly. Transfer the cooked poppers to a plate lined with paper towels before placing them on a serving dish to remove any excess grease. Serve immediately.
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on