Cheesesteak Quesadillas with Hass Avocado Recipe
Inspired by the famous cheesesteak sandwiches of Philadelphia, this quesadilla recipe is an easy “win” for sports and tailgate fans. Filled with creamy avocado, mozzarella cheese and grilled peppers and onions, this simple cheesesteak recipe serves up the best of two classic dishes in one delicious entrée recipe.
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3⁄4 lb. top round steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. grilling spice mix
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 flour tortillas
- Place oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle steak slices with grilling spice mix, tossing to coat.
- Working in batches, if necessary, add steak to hot skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove steak from pan and place in a medium bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to high heat. Add onion and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Place in bowl with steak and toss to combine.
- Wipe excess fat from skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- To assemble quesadillas, place even amount of steak, onion and pepper mixture, cheese and avocado on half of each tortilla, leaving the other half empty. Fold unfilled halves over to cover.
- Place quesadilla in hot skillet and cook until tortilla has turned golden brown. Turn and cook until remaining side is golden brown. Cut in quarters before serving. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 340; Total Fat 13 g (Sat 4 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 7 g); Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 780 mg; Potassium 330 mg; Total Carbohydrates 33 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 22 g; Vitamin A 319 IU; Vitamin C 16 mg; Calcium 159 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||13 g|
|Saturated Fat:||4 g|
|Total Sugars:||2 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on