Classic Guacamole Snack Recipe
A deliciously simple and easy-to-make guacamole recipe. Enjoy with fresh carrots or your favorite fresh vegetable. This guacamole was used by the Ohio State University researchers for their recent study, funded by HAB, that included two randomized, two-way crossover feeding studies of 12 healthy men and women that investigated the conversion of provitamin A (inactive vitamin form) and carotenoid absorption. To learn more about this research study, read the press release.
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled, pitted
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 20 (300g) baby carrots or approximately 4 large carrots cut into slices
1. In a large bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice.
2. Add in garlic powder and salt, mixing until combined.
3. Serve with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes or your favorite fresh fruit or vegetable.
If the avocados were not refrigerated beforehand and you would prefer a colder guacamole, refrigerate the bowl of guacamole for 15 minutes with a piece of clear plastic wrap pressed to the surface. The clear plastic wrap will help keep the guacamole from oxidizing. Find more information on our avocado storage page.
You Might Also Enjoy
Cook Time: 10 mins
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on