Double Cheese, Avocado and Bacon Sliders Recipe
Mini burgers topped with Fresh Hass Avocados, two types of cheese, bacon and arugula make for a satisfying snack while watching the game.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. marjoram
- 8 mini hamburger buns or small Hawaiian-style sweet rolls, split and toasted if desired**
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, seeded and peeled
- 2 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, sliced to fit buns
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise and cook until crisp. Place cooked bacon on paper towels; reserve.
- Gently mix ground beef with soy sauce, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and marjoram. Being careful not to compact the meat, gently form into thin burger patties that are slightly wider than the buns. Grill or pan fry patties over medium-high heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice each avocado half crosswise to make 2 small slices per slider; reserve.
- Assemble the sliders: top the bottom half of each mini bun with the arugula and shredded cheddar cheese. Place burger patties on top of the shredded cheese; top each with bacon, Gouda cheese, 2 slices of avocado and the top bun.
Serve with favorite burger toppings such as grilled onions, mustard, ketchup or barbecue sauce. Also delicious with other cheese combinations.
Try with ice-cold beer or iced tea.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on