Field of Guacamole Recipe
The perfect football party guacamole, great for watching the big game at home or for a tailgate party sensation.
- 6 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled, cut in chunks
- 3 limes, juice only
- 2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 medium sweet white onion, diced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded if desired, diced
- 2 cups Mexican-blend finely grated cheese, or finely grated Cheddar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pt. sour cream
- Food coloring for team colors (optional)
- Colorful tortilla chips for dipping
- Mash avocados with lime juice and salt in large bowl, until just creamy. Add diced onion, tomatoes, jalapeños and cilantro and combine gently. Stir in grated cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired. In a glass 9x13 (rectangular) pan, spread mixture evenly and smoothly.
- If using sour cream for team colors, divide it into three bowls. Tint one portion with desired amount of food coloring, repeat for second bowl, and leave third bowl plain. To create design of guacamole, follow next procedure for piping, using three separate plastic zipper bags.
- Place sour cream in a zipper bag and squeeze carefully to let all air escape before sealing. Squeeze all the sour cream to one corner and snip a tiny hole in the bottom of that corner. Now use the bag as a pastry bag to pipe your design. Use plain white to pipe on the yard lines and colored sour creams to designate Xs for the defense and Os for the offense. Or, use small yellow and red grape or cherry tomatoes and arrange in a football formation.
- Tuck a few tortilla chips around the edges of the pan to add color and eye-appeal. Place remaining chips in a serving basket. Serve and watch your guests tear up the field!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 230; Total Fat 20 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 400 mg; Potassium 500 mg; Total Carbohydrates 9 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin A 360 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 123 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 82 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||20 g|
|Saturated Fat:||6 g|
|Total Sugars:||1 g|
Serve with a variety of non-alcoholic beverages or chilled beer. Donâ€™t forget ice for the party!
You Might Also Enjoy
Cook Time: 15 mins
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on