Fresh Avocado and Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Recipe provided by the California Avocado Commission
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 lb. turkey, sliced
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with 2 slices of your favorite bread (toasting is optional). On 1 slice, layer a leaf or two of lettuce, about 4 ounces of sliced turkey and juicy tomato slices.
- On the other slice fan the slices from one-half of a ripe California Avocado. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Unite the two sides and dig in.
- Add a couple of strips of cooked bacon.
- Slather one slice of bread with Dijon mustard, then smear the avocado half and press dried cranberries into the avocado.
- Roughly mash the avocado with lime and diced chipotle chili pepper before smearing.
- Substitute grilled chicken boneless breast or thigh.
- Substitute smoked turkey.
For a school lunch treat, spread one slice of bread with your childâ€™s favorite jam or jelly before adding the lettuce layer.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on