Grilled Chicken with Avocado Ranch and Black Bean, Avocado Corn Salsa Pockets Recipe
Serve this zesty grilled chicken sandwich as directed in a pita pocket or on a bed of romaine lettuce for a southwestern style salad.
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets or whole wheat buns
- 1 large grilled boneless chicken breast, cut in half
- Lime juice, to taste
- Avocado Ranch Dressing to taste (see recipe below)
- Black Bean, Avocado Corn Salsa to taste
Avocado Ranch Dressing (Yields approximately 1 Â½ cup)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried dill weed, optional
- Assemble grilled chicken inside the pita pocket and add squirt of lime juice to taste.
- Drizzle Avocado Ranch Dressing on both sides of the pita pocket. Top with Black Bean, Avocado Corn Salsa to desired amount.
- Blend ingredients together in a food processor
For vegetarian preparation, serve with your favorite tofu or black bean burger grilled to your liking in place of the grilled chicken.
Serve with an ice cold beer.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on