Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with Spicy Hass Avocado Puree Recipe
This grilled shrimp recipe pairs tangy cilantro lime shrimp grilled for a light smoky flavor and cool and spicy avocado puree dip for an appetizer with a chic flair.
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Spicy Hass Avocado Puree (see make-ahead recipe below
- Fresh sprigs cilantro, for garnish
Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
- 3 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and scooped out
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 green jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeño to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed.
- Season puree with salt to taste.
- Place in a covered airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 340; Total Fat 23 g (Sat 5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2.6 g, Mono 12 g); Cholesterol 185 mg; Sodium 180 mg; Potassium 571.5 mg; Total Carbohydrates 10 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 25 g; Vitamin A 543 IU; Vitamin C 16 mg; Calcium 82 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 172.4 IU; Folate 65 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.7 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||23 g|
|Saturated Fat:||5 g|
|Total Sugars:||1 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on