Grilled Sausage and Hass Avocado Sandwich with Spicy Chipotle Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
Grilled sausage and onions, slices of avocado and a fiery chipotle honey mustard sauce are placed between a toasted French roll to make this spicy avocado sandwich. Serve this grilled sausage and avocado sandwich topped with spicy honey mustard at your next game day/tailgate party or Oktoberfest celebration.
- 1⁄2 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 sandwich-size, pre-cooked sausage links (any type), split lengthwise
- 4 French rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
Spicy Chipotle Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1 or more canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mashed (number of peppers determined by the level of spiciness desired)
- In a medium bowl, combine honey mustard and mashed chipotle pepper(s) to make sauce. Stir until mixed well.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and grill over medium-hot coals 4 to 5 minutes per side or until soft and cooked through. Remove from grill. Once the onions have cooled, break up the rings. Set aside.
- Grill sausage links over medium-hot coals until browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
- At the same time, place the split rolls, cut side down, directly on the grill to toast.
- Cut avocado in half, remove seed. Cut each half into four thick slices and remove peel. Place in shallow bowl and pour on lemon juice.
- To assemble sandwich: Generously spread both sides of roll with Spicy Chipotle Honey Mustard Sauce. Place grilled sausage on the roll and top with two Hass Avocado slices and grilled onions.
Wrap in sandwich paper to serve.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on