Ham and Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Mitzi Dulan, RD, CSSD and the National Pork Board. Please visit www.TheOtherWhiteMeat.com for more great recipes!
These are ideal for the after-school snacks or to serve at a party!
- 1 cup very finely chopped fully-cooked ham
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, peeled*
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut up
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Optional: Green food coloring
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Carefully, scoop out the yolks; transfer yolks to a food processor or blender container.
- Add avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Cover and process or blend until smooth, stopping to scrap down side of container if necessary. Stir in ham and salt. Tip: Add a few drops of green food coloring to reach desired filling color.
- Spoon avocado mixture into the egg-white halves. If desired, cover and chill in refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
- *To hard-cook eggs, place eggs in large saucepan. Cover with cold water to 1 inch above the eggs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low or just below a simmer. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Run cold water over eggs or place in ice water until cool enough to handle. Gently tap eggs to crack the shells. Peel eggs under cold running water. Chill in the refrigerator before using.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 70; Fat 5 g (Sat 1.5 g); Cholesterol 110 mg; Sodium 125 mg; Carbohydrates 2 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 5 g
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on