Hass Avocado Tailgate Tacos Recipe
Recipe created by Jay DiEugenio "The Tailgate Guy" for the Hass Avocado Board.
Try these tasty tacos featuring panko-breaded Hass Avocados topped with cabbage, onion and a spicy chipotle mayonnaise.
- 2 cups American blonde ale
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 16 small corn tortillas (about 6")
- 1 (8-oz). bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- Heat oil in a pan to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beer, flour, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Coat each avocado quarter with panko bread crumbs.
- Dip the coated avocados in beer batter and drop in hot oil. Be sure to turn each avocado piece and remove from oil when the batter is golden brown. Strain avocado pieces and set aside.
- Heat tortillas and stack them in twos, using two tortillas for one taco.
- Fill each taco with two pieces of avocado and top with cabbage and onion.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 1 serving = 2 tacos, Calories 760; Total Fat 18 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 850 mg; Potassium 650 mg; Total Carbohydrates 128 g; Dietary Fiber 13 g; Total Sugars 6 g; Protein 15 g; Vitamin A 809 IU; Vitamin C 20 mg; Calcium 102 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 186 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Add chipotle mayo and salsa, as desired. For all the meat lovers, try adding a strip of crispy bacon for a pop of flavor!
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||18 g|
|Saturated Fat:||2 g|
|Total Sugars:||6 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on