Homemade Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
Whip up some of the coolest and creamiest ice cream around Hass Avocado Ice Cream. Fresh and rich, this homemade sweet treat can be served simply in a bowl for a summer BBQ or dressed up in martini glasses for a more sophisticated affair.
- 1 1⁄2 low fat milk*
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup low fat coconut milk*
- Mint sprig, chopped, optional
- Vanilla bean, chopped, optional
- Puree milk, Hass Avocados, sugar, and juice in a blender.
- Blend in the remaining liquid of your choice, along additional flavorings such as mint or vanilla.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker to freeze and finish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 190; Total Fat 14 g (Sat 7 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 5 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 30 mg; Potassium 310 mg; Total Carbohydrates 17 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 12 g; Protein 3 g; Vitamin A 168 IU; Vitamin C 6 mg; Calcium 68 mg; Iron 1 mg; Folate 45 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Serve with fresh fruit and a sprig of mint for decoration or try spreading the ice cream on cookies for avocado ice cream sandwiches. Or for a decadent vegetarian ice cream dessert use soy milk and try this with our Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Avocado Icing Recipe.
* Soy milk may be substituted. For a more indulgent dessert substitute whipping cream or coconut milk for the low-fat coconut milk.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||14 g|
|Saturated Fat:||7 g|
|Total Sugars:||12 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on