Homemade Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
Whip up some of the coolest and creamiest ice cream around – Hass Avocado Ice Cream. Fresh and rich, this homemade sweet treat can be served simply in a bowl for a summer BBQ or dressed up in martini glasses for a more sophisticated affair.
- 1 1⁄2 low fat milk*
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup low fat coconut milk*
- Mint sprig, chopped, optional
- Vanilla bean, chopped, optional
- Puree milk, Hass Avocados, sugar, and juice in a blender.
- Blend in the remaining liquid of your choice, along additional flavorings such as mint or vanilla.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker to freeze and finish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 190; Total Fat 14 g (Sat 7 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 5 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 30 mg; Potassium 310 mg; Total Carbohydrates 17 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Total Sugars 12 g; Protein 3 g; Vitamin A 168 IU; Vitamin C 6 mg; Calcium 68 mg; Iron 1 mg; Folate 45 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Serve with fresh fruit and a sprig of mint for decoration or try spreading the ice cream on cookies for avocado ice cream sandwiches. Or for a decadent vegetarian ice cream dessert use soy milk and try this with our Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Avocado Icing Recipe.
* Soy milk may be substituted. For a more indulgent dessert substitute whipping cream or coconut milk for the low-fat coconut milk.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||14 g|
|Saturated Fat:||7 g|
|Total Sugars:||12 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on