Lobster and Avocado Rolls Recipe
Lightly toasted rolls brushed with garlic butter and filled with a tangy mixture of avocado and lobster. Prepare as directed or create variations on this seafood recipe featuring your favorite seafood or use toasted crostini for a tasty small plate/appetizer recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Rohland, The Cottage Café Bakery and Tea Room, Bluffton, South Carolina
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling of less than 12 servings.
- Lobster Mixture (recipe follows)
- Garlic Butter (recipe follows)
- 3 oz. additional butter
- 12 each New England frank buns or hot dog buns
- 6 each ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced*
Lobster Mixture - Yield: 9 cups
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lobster tail meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lobster knuckle and claw meat, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄8 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Butter - Yield: 4 oz.
- 3 oz. butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
Brush the inside surfaces of the rolls with the Garlic Butter. Heat them in an oven until warmed.
- Melt the additional butter in a sauce pan.
- Place the Lobster Mixture in the pan and heat through just until cooked, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, strain the lobster into the garlic butter buns.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top or serve on the side.
- Top each bun with half of a Fresh Hass Avocado, diced.
- Combine the lobster meat, lemon juice, mayonnaise, celery, parsley and salt and pepper in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Just before service, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic. Set aside.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on