Maple Leaf Farms Duck and Hass Avocado Tostada Recipe
This recipe is for that chef who is looking for a challenge and to wow their guests!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kevin Rathbun
- 3 Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breasts (scored)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. duck fat (rendered from duck breasts)
- 3 Tbsp. minced yellow onions
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño
- 1 cup Black Turtle Beans (soaked in water for 12 hours)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. diced tomatillos
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 2 chipotle chiles en adobo (from the can)
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup of water
- 2 oz. foie gras pieces
- 2 Tbsp. grated queso cotija
- In an iron skillet, place duck skin side down in a cold pan; turn on medium heat.
- Render fat out of skin, dumping off excess fat every few minutes until crispy, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve the fat.
- Once crispy, turn over and sear meat side for two minutes or until duck breast is medium rare. Transfer to a paper towel and reserve until ready to serve.
- Fry each tortilla in grape seed oil until crispy. Remove and season with kosher salt.
- In a small pot, add duck fat and sauté the onions garlic, and jalapeños. Golden brown ingredients for approximately 1 minute. Add beans, foie gras pieces, cracked black pepper, and chicken stock, and simmer until beans are tender, approximately 40 minutes.
- With a hand blender, mash beans to resemble refried beans. Add lime juice, pepper, half the salt and a third of the cilantro and reserve.
- In a small bowl mix avocados, tomatillos, lime, and remaining cilantro and season with salt. Reserve at room temperature.
- In a small pot, place roasted peeled pepper, chipotle chiles en adobo, sugar, vinegar, water and remaining salt. Simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- On 10-inch round plates, lay down crisped tortillas, smear warm black beans on generously. Top with a tablespoon of guacamole.
- Slice duck breast thin and place three slices on top. Drizzle generously with chili pepper vinegar and grated cotija cheese.
Per Serving: 1 serving = 1 tostada, Calories 440; Total Fat 20 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2.5 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 90 mg; Sodium 790 mg; Potassium 730 mg; Total Carbohydrates 38 g; Dietary Fiber 8 g; Total Sugars 10 g; Protein 27 g; Vitamin A 2,508 IU; Vitamin C 51 mg; Calcium 107 mg; Iron 7 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 108 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 80%; Calcium 35%; Iron 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||20 g|
|Saturated Fat:||6 g|
|Total Sugars:||10 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on