The Ploughman's Sandwich Recipe
Looking to try a new kind of Irish corned beef sandwich recipe? Savor our ploughman corned beef avocado sandwich with portobello mushrooms, honey mustard and beer-soaked cheese on rustic bread.
Recipe developed by Chef Matthew Murphy - New Orleans
- 3 thick slices of rustic bread
- 2 oz. honey mustard (2 parts whole grain mustard mixed with 1 part honey)
- 1 oz. chives, finely chopped
- 5 oz. corned beef, sliced
- 1 medium, ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4 thick slices of Irish cheddar cheese (Swiss can be used), soaked in Irish stout beer for 2 hours
- 1 large portobello mushroom, roasted and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Spread honey mustard on three slices of bread. Sprinkle the bread with chives. On one slice of bread, layer the corned beef, avocado and cheese.
- On another slice of bread, layer the mushroom, tomato and cheese.
- Bake both slices in a 350 degrees F oven for 2 minutes.
- Put the two pieces together with the third slice of bread between them.
- This is a very thick sandwich and may need a skewer or long pick to hold it together.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from AvocadoCentral.com on