Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Avocado Icing Recipe
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a chocolate cake that will please vegan and non-vegans alike. Topped with a decadent vegan chocolate icing and garnished with raspberries, this rich chocolate cake recipe will please even the toughest critics.
Recipe provided by the Julie Tuizer, MS - Instructor Kendall College
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling of less than 12 servings.
Yield: 1 (8 inch) cake and 2 cups icing
- Vegan Chocolate Cake (recipe follows)
- 1 cup Chocolate Avocado Icing (recipe follows)
- As needed, edible flowers or sliced fresh berries and mint for optional garnish
Vegan Chocolate Cake - Yield: 1 (8") cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- As needed, nonstick baking spray
Chocolate Avocado Icing
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled and seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare cake and cool. Remove cooled cake from pan.
- Ice with Chocolate Avocado Icing.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Optional: garnish with edible fresh flowers and or sliced fresh berries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder.
- Whisk together wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Whisk until combined.
- Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Using a rubber spatula pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cake cool before removing from pan.
- Into a medium bowl sift together cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Mash or puree avocados then press through a sieve to remove green flecks. Add to the bowl.
- Add agave syrup and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 260; Total Fat 11 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 0.5 g, Mono 3.5 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 70 mg; Total Carbohydrates 48 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Protein 3 g
Serve with hot coffee or chilled soymilk.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat:||11 g|
|Saturated Fat:||1 g|
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on