Key Lime Avocado Mousse Recipe
"Acidic lime juice and sugar both help keep avocado from oxidizing and turning brown. This mousse will stay green for DAYS!" Recipe courtesy of Elana of Philadelphia, PA.
2013 Registered Dietitian Recipe Contest Entry. This recipe was submitted by a Hass Avocado fan and has not been tested by the Hass Avocado Board.
- 2 ripe Hass Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup honey or agave (may have to adjust to taste)
- dash of salt
- Place the avocado in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. If you don't have a food processor or a blender, feel free to go at it with a fork, it will just take a little longer.
- Add the juice, lime zest, vanilla, honey, and salt. Mix to combine. Adjust the honey as desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve cold.
You Might Also Enjoy
Printed from LoveOneToday.com on